Improving long term health outcomes for VLBW infants by optimizing growth and nutrition in the NICU
Despite current intensive care, 38% of very low birth weight babies across California are leaving the NICU having fallen one full standard deviation or more from their initial birth weight parameters, compromising their future growth and neurodevelopmental potential later in childhood. This rate only increases for the most vulnerable infants, with more than half of babies born at less than 1,000 grams experiencing this same sub-optimal growth.
In September 2018, CPQCC will launch Grow, Babies, Grow! our 6th IHI-style QI Collaborative aimed at helping you optimize growth and nutrition of the VLBW infants in your NICU, with the goal of reducing growth failure at discharge. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to tackle one of the most critical and modifiable factors for the long-term health and neurodevelopment of your smallest babies!
Advantages of participation include:
- Access to an evidence-based change package for growth optimization
- The opportunity to benchmark, track and compare data between your site and other participating sites
- Participation in a “community of learning” where you will learn from other participating sites by sharing lessons learned, materials, data, strategy, etc.
- Access to a well-respected multidisciplinary Expert Panel, which will actively support participating sites in their implementation of best practices and
- Credit for participating Neonatologists toward the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 4 Program.
March 6th – April 6th, 2018
Grow, Babies, Grow! is a 12-month QI Collaborative that will run from September 2018-August 2019, by a 6-month sustainability phase from September 2019-March 2020.
$8,500 per hospital. We are subsidizing the cost of this project for our members, allowing us to charge far less than the $15K-$40K charged by other organizations.
Contact Courtney Nisbet at firstname.lastname@example.org.