Selection Criteria for the 2017/2018 CPQCC Dataset
- Any infant who is born at your hospital and whose birth weight is between 401 and 1,500 grams OR whose gestational age is between 22 weeks 0 days and 31 6 days (inclusive) is eligible, regardless of where in your hospital the infant receives care.
- Any outborn infant who is admitted to any location in your hospital within 28 days, and whose birth weight is between 401 and 1,500 grams OR whose gestational age is between 22 weeks 0 days and 31 weeks 6 days (inclusive) is eligible, regardless of where in your hospital the infant receives care.
In summary, any Small Baby infant is automatically eligible into the CPQCC database.
- Any infant who is born at or admitted to your hospital within 28 days of birth, with a birth weight that is greater than 1500 grams MUST also meet one of the following 10 criteria:
- Acute Transport-In
- Nasal IMV/SIMV (or any other form of non-intubated assisted ventilation) for greater than four continuous hours (for 2009 and later),
- Intubated Assisted Ventilation for greater than four continuous hours
- Early Bacterial Sepsis
- Major surgery requiring anesthesia
- Previously Discharged Home and Readmitted to your hospital for Total Serum Bilirubin => 25 mg/dL (427 micromols/Liter) and/or exchange transfusion
- Acute Transport-Out of your NICU
- Suspected Encephalopathy or suspected perinatal asphyxia
- Active therapeutic hypothermia.
NOTE: Any Big Baby infant is eligible into the CPQCC database if the infant is admitted to your NICU within 28 days of birth, and then fulfill one of the 10 above criteria during the episode of care in your NICU. For criteria 7 (hyperbilirubinemia/ exchange transfusion), the infant may or may not be admitted to your NICU.