Registration is now closed!
Please email Courtney Nisbet at: firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate QI opportunities for your NICU.
Dates: 18-month initiative; Target start date of June 2016
Who: All CPQCC Members invited (we will take the 1st 25 applicants)
Methods: Using the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Collaborative Quality Improvement Model successfully adapted by CPQCC, teams will implement evidence-based practices for optimizing antibiotic use.
Advantages of participating:
- Access to an evidence-based change package for antibiotic stewardship
- Access to a well respected multidisciplinary Expert Panel, which will actively support participating sites in their implementation of best practices
- Partnership with Stanford Systems Science Program to support development and implementation of change package
- Partnership with Brent James, MD, one of the world’s leading QI experts, to implement Intermountain Healthcare’s pioneering "100% Participation” program
- The opportunity to benchmark, track and compare real time data between your site and other participating sites
- Participation in a “community of learning” where you will learn from other participating sites by sharing lessons learned, materials, data, strategy, etc.
- 3 Face-to-face learning sessions
- Monthly webcasts
- Access to CPQCC’s Antibiotic Stewardship Extranet
- Monthly data reporting and monitoring
- Automatic translation into control and run charts
- Built-in program to optimize California Children’s Services (CCS) data
- Credit for participating Neonatologists toward the QI requirements of the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
Cost: $7,000 per hospital. CPQCC is subsidizing the cost of this quality improvement collaborative as a service to its members and thus is able to charge far less than the $15,000-$40,000 charged by other organizations using the IHI Collaborative QI Model.
There are limited openings available for this collaborative and we anticipate these will fill quickly. Spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. The registration deadline is December 1, 2015.
*CPQCC Antibiotic Stewardship Expert Panel Members
- Infectious Disease Expert (specializing in Antibiotic Stewardship): Michael Bolaris, MD (Harbor UCLA)
- Neonatologists (with Antibiotic Stewardship expertise):
- William Benitz, MD: (LPCH)
- J. Schulman, MD (CDPH)
- Neonatal CNS: Linda Lefrak (Consultant, Retired UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, Oakland and San Francisco)
- Pharmacist: Christopher Booth (Kaiser SoCal regional Epic-Pharmacy Implementation expert, NICU pharmacy expert)
- General Pediatrician: Lisa Stellwagen, MD (UC San Diego)
- Infection Control Prevention: Enid Eck, RN (Kaiser SoCal, Program Manager Patient Safety and Infection Prevention and Control)
- Informaticist: Jeff Merrill, MD (Oakland Children’s Hospital)
- QI Expert : Paul Sharek MD (LPCH, CPQCC)
- CPQCC Support: Courtney Nisbet, RN, MS (Stanford, CPQCC)
- Research committee member: Kurlen Payton, MD (Cedar Sinai)
For further information: email Courtney Nisbet @ email@example.com