Registration is now closed!
Please email Courtney Nisbet at: firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate QI opportunities for your NICU.
Dates: 18-month initiative; Target start date of June 2016
Who: All CPQCC Members invited (we will take the 1st 25 applicants)
Methods: Using the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Collaborative Quality Improvement Model successfully adapted by CPQCC, teams will implement evidence-based practices for optimizing antibiotic use.
Advantages of participating:
- Access to an evidence-based change package for antibiotic stewardship
- Access to a well respected multidisciplinary Expert Panel, which will actively support participating sites in their implementation of best practices
- Partnership with Stanford Systems Science Program to support development and implementation of change package
- Partnership with Brent James, MD, one of the world’s leading QI experts, to implement Intermountain Healthcare’s pioneering "100% Participation” program
- The opportunity to benchmark, track and compare real time data between your site and other participating sites
- Participation in a “community of learning” where you will learn from other participating sites by sharing lessons learned, materials, data, strategy, etc.
- 3 Face-to-face learning sessions
- Monthly webcasts
- Access to CPQCC’s Antibiotic Stewardship Extranet
- Monthly data reporting and monitoring
- Automatic translation into control and run charts
- Built-in program to optimize California Children’s Services (CCS) data
- Credit for participating Neonatologists toward the QI requirements of the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
*CPQCC Antibiotic Stewardship Expert Panel Members
- Infectious Disease Expert (specializing in Antibiotic Stewardship): Michael Bolaris, MD (Harbor UCLA)
- Neonatologists (with Antibiotic Stewardship expertise):
- William Benitz, MD: (LPCH)
- J. Schulman, MD (CDPH)
- Neonatal CNS: Linda Lefrak (Consultant, Retired UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, Oakland and San Francisco)
- Pharmacist: Christopher Booth (Kaiser SoCal regional Epic-Pharmacy Implementation expert, NICU pharmacy expert)
- General Pediatrician: Lisa Stellwagen, MD (UC San Diego)
- Infection Control Prevention: Enid Eck, RN (Kaiser SoCal, Program Manager Patient Safety and Infection Prevention and Control)
- Informaticist: Jeff Merrill, MD (Oakland Children’s Hospital)
- QI Expert : Paul Sharek MD (LPCH, CPQCC)
- CPQCC Support: Courtney Nisbet, RN, MS (Stanford, CPQCC)
- Research committee member: Kurlen Payton, MD (Cedar Sinai)
For further information: email Courtney Nisbet @ email@example.com