“Babies only get one chance at birth.
We owe them and their parents the very best start at life.”
• Have a busy delivery service?
• Strive to provide the highest quality, evidence-based, consistent resuscitation of newborns?
• Plan to train your staff about the latest 2010 NRP guideline changes?
• Want to minimize your risk exposure around deliveries?
• Want to learn about the state-of-the-art simulation-based training and video-review of neonatal resuscitation?
CPQCC/PQIP Collaborative Success
Recent CPQCC-led collaboratives were associated with significant improvements in breastfeeding rates for VLBW infants and marked reductions in catheter-associated bloodstream infections.
As a result of participating in this collaborative quality improvement process, facilities can expect the following benefits:
- Evidence-based change package for reducing risks and improving outcomes of all infants requiring delivery room management.
- Benchmarking, tracking and comparing data specific to your facility and those of similar level of care
- Support in implementing changes to the Neonatal Resuscitation Program; and
- Credit for participating Neonatologists toward QI requirements of ABP recertification
CPQCC Collaborative #3: (publication 10-20-14)
o Decrease in hypothermia from 39% to 21%
o Decreased delivery room intubation from 53% to 40%
o Decreased delivery room surfactant from 37% to 20%