Our member hospitals have collected over a decade’s worth of data on California’s NICU and HRIF populations while our sister organization, CMQCC, has amassed significant data on maternity care.
Do you have a research question that could be investigated using this data? We invite you to collaborate with us on a project to ensure better outcomes for mothers and newborns everywhere. Our research priorities include disparities in maternal and neonatal care, understanding the culture and context for quality improvement, and maternal exposure/neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Applying to be a research collaborator
In order to be approved, a CPQCC/CMQCC investigator must be available to partner with you on the collaboration and must agree that your research question is scientifically sound. A CPQCC/CMQCC biostatistician will generate the necessary data set for you and may provide ongoing guidance on your project. A research collaboration fee will be charged to cover the cost of these and additional resources needed to complete the project. Please see the section below for more information on the research collaboration fee.
Below are a few things you should know about the research collaboration process.
- There is no deadline for application; proposals are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Please submit your application at the beginning of the research process, before applying for external funding (if applicable). Please review the application instructions prior to submission.
- Your application will be reviewed by our leadership team, as well as statewide leaders in quality improvement and maternal and neonatal care, when necessary. Proposals will be evaluated for scientific soundness, public health impact, alignment with the quality improvement purposes of CPQCC and CMQCC, research priorities, funding availability, and feasibility. Review of your proposal may take up to two months from the time of submission.
- We expect you to complete your research within one year and to present or publish the results. You must acknowledge the CPQCC/CMQCC co-investigator as well as Stanford University, CPQCC, or CMQCC, as applicable.
- You will be asked to submit a final report which includes a list of presentations, manuscripts, and/or publications that resulted from the research, upon completion.
Please consider contacting us prior to submitting your application, in case we can be of assistance in matching you with the appropriate CPQCC/CMQCC investigator or provide further information about the process.
In order to cover the costs incurred to support research collaborations, CPQCC charges a fee due within 60 days of your application's approval. This fee covers:
- Consultation with our research team on your proposed methods and approach, data analytics, preliminary findings, and publication development
- Data preparation and analysis by our biostatistics team
- Use of our data servers
The research collaboration fee starts at $10,000. The exact amount will be specified in your approval letter.
Application form and instructions
Your completed application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email any questions you have about the application process to the same address.