The resources below are designed to assist HRIF Data Contacts in abstracting and entering data into the HRIF Reporting System as efficiently and effectively as possible. If you have a question regarding any of these resources, please submit a ticket through our Help Desk.
Resources for entering data into the NICU Database can be found on the Data Resources page under NICU.
Medical Eligibility Criteria
Manual and Forms
HRIF Clinic Tools
- HRIF Family Handout
- HRIF Guidance for Telehealth Visits
- CCS NICU HRIF Eligible Infants Referral Guidelines
- CCS HRIF Program Billing Codes
- Gross Motor Function Classification System (GMFCS) - Expanded and Revised 2007
Family Information Form
The Family Information Form collects social-demographic information about HRIF patients and their families to determine the specific needs of this patient population and develop better standards of care for California HRIF Programs.
Autism Screening Tools
- Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers - Revised with Follow Up (M-CHAT-R/F)
- Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (M-CHAT) and M-CHAT Scoring
- Communication and Symbolic Behavior Scales Developmental Profile (CSBS DP)
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders Screening Test-II (PDDST-II)
Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) Facility Codes
2021 Data Finalization
California Children Services (CCS)
- Updates and news from CCS
- Clarification of Congenital Heart Disease Eligibility Criteria
- Clarification of Hypoglycemia Eligibility Criteria
- High Risk Infant Follow-up Program Letter
The Program Letter (P.L.) updates the Medical Eligibility criteria for HRIF under Section III, HRIF Eligibility, and reiterates policy and guidance for the HRIF Program’s diagnostic services, provider responsibilities, reporting requirements, and procedures for billing authorized services provided to HRIF-eligible neonates, infants, and children. This letter supersedes HRIF P.L. 01-1113, dated November 22, 2013.
- CCS Memo 8-2012
- Hearing Assessment Requirements
- CCS County Offices
- CCS Provider Process
- SAR Authorization Process
- Whole Child Model