The resources below are designed to assist HRIF Data Contacts in abstracting and entering data into the HRIF Reporting System as efficiently and effectively as possible. If you have a question regarding any of these resources, please submit a ticket through our Help Desk.
Resources for entering data into the NICU Database can be found on the Data Resources page under NICU.
Medical Eligibility Criteria
Manual and Forms
Reporting System Tools
- Reminders & Tips - New Users
- 2017 Data Training Presentation
- The Value of HRIF
- HRIF Eligible Infants Referral Guidelines
- CCS HRIF Program Billing Codes
- Gross Motor Function Classification System (GMFCS) - Expanded and Revised 2007
Family Information Form
The Family Information Form collects social-demographic information about HRIF patients and their families to determine the specific needs of this patient population and develop better standards of care for California HRIF Programs.
Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) Facility Codes
Autism Screening Tools
Children's Medical Services (CMS)/ California Children Services (CCS)
- Updates and news from CCS
- Clarification of Congenital Heart Disease Eligibility Criteria
- High Risk Infant Follow-up Program Letter
The Program Letter (P.L.) updates the Medical Eligibility criteria for HRIF under Section III, HRIF Eligibility, and reiterates policy and guidance for the HRIF Program’s diagnostic services, provider responsibilities, reporting requirements, and procedures for billing authorized services provided to HRIF-eligible neonates, infants, and children. This letter supersedes HRIF P.L. 01-1113, dated November 22, 2013.
- CCS Memo 8-2012
- Hearing Assessment Requirements