CPQCC is currently pilot testing a self-paced, online quality improvement education course designed to walk learners through the foundation of healthcare improvement in the NICU. The course is comprised of several modules of short video-based lessons, including instructional content and "deep dive" videos featuring CPQCC member NICUs explaining how they have used the concepts presented in the lesson as part of their unit's quality improvement journey. Lessons are accompanied by practical tools for learners to use to put the concepts into practice.
Topics included in the course include:
- Understanding the Model for Improvement
- Creating a Culture of Improvement
- How to Form and Manage a QI Team
- Planning for Sustainability
- An Introduction to QI Tools
- Learning from Run Charts and Control Charts
- Supplementary Content on Building an Anti-Racist NICU and Using CPQCC Data and Reports for QI
The QI Fundamentals course is currently being pilot-tested with NICUs participating in a CPQCC QI Collaborative. The course will be opened to all CPQCC members in 2022.