Who can join CPQCC?
- Any California hospital with an active level two, three, or four Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is eligible to join CPQCC.
- CCS accreditation is NOT required for membership.
- For more on which babies meet the criteria for entry into CPQCC’s NICU Database, visit our NICU Data page.
Why should I join?
- You’ll become part of a statewide community of stakeholders dedicated to improving perinatal care. In addition to over 90% of California’s NICUs, this community includes leading experts in neonatology and quality improvement.
- You’ll have the opportunity to join our highly successful QI collaboratives. Participants in these collaborative projects implement evidence-based change packages with the guidance of multidisciplinary expert panels and benefit from being part of a “community of learning” where tools, strategies, and resources are shared across sites.
- You’ll get early access to our QI toolkits designed to facilitate improved clinical outcomes, excellent patient care, and efficient resource allocation.
- You’ll receive customized data reports specific to your NICU’s needs. In addition, once data is entered into the NICU Database, the system automatically generates and submits your NICU’s CCS Report. Annual CCS Reports are generated regardless of a NICU’s CCS status and can be used for benchmarking and for future accreditation efforts.
- You’ll benefit from one-on-one guidance from your peers through our Member Mentor program. Mentors help to answer questions on data abstraction and entry and provide moral support throughout a NICUs quality improvement journey.
- You’ll receive automatic membership in the Vermont Oxford Network (VON), an international organization of NICUs dedicated to improving the quality and safety of care for newborns and their families through research, education, and quality improvement.
How do I join?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will respond to you to with the documents required to join CPQCC. While you’re waiting, review the new member resources.