The NICUs Enabling Optimal Brain Health (NEOBrain) Collaborative aims to promote neuroprotective care for very low birth weight (VLBW) infants in the NICU. The NEOBrain Collaborative will launch in Fall 2021.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the NEOBrain will launch as a virtual collaborative. An in-person collaborative meeting will be considered if the public health situation allows.
Why your NICU should join
This collaborative will be a unique opportunity for your NICU to focus on high opportunity areas of neuroprotection which may include:
- Family-focused involvement in care from NICU admission
- Decreasing noxious stimulation by manipulating the environment to be neuroprotective
- Decreasing unnecessary interventions, such as pokes, blood tests, and other assessments that do not impact medical decision making
- Using care bundles for the delivery room, IVH prevention, noninvasive ventilation, and developmental care
- Measuring and treating pain and stress
- Setting yourself up for success by using an antenatal neuroprotection triad of betamethasone, magnesium, and delayed cord clamping
- Pharmacologic and nutritional neuroprotection for preterm infants
- Access to evidence-based change packages
- The opportunity to benchmark, track and compare data between your site and other participating sites using a new web-based quality improvement platform
- A “community of learning” where lessons learned, materials, data, and strategies are shared across sites
- Guidance in both quality improvement and the clinical area of focus from a multidisciplinary faculty panel from across the state
- Credit for participating Neonatologists toward the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 4 Program
Registration for NEOBrain is being offered at $8,500/site. The registration period will open in Summer 2021. Exact dates will be announced as they become available.
To learn more, contact Courtney Breault at firstname.lastname@example.org.