The Growth Advancement in the NICU (GAIN): Surgical Patients Collaborative aims to improve growth and nutrition for infants who have had intestinal surgeries.
This collaborative was specifically designed for NICUs that frequently treat surgical patients, with direct input from CPQCC's member-led Children's Hospital Workgroup.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the GAIN: Surgical Patients Collaborative will launch as a virtual collaborative. An in-person collaborative meeting will be considered if the public health situation allows.
Why your NICU should join
This collaborative will be a unique opportunity for NICUs that take care of surgical patients to:
- Focus on the complex needs of patients with a history of intestinal surgeries
- Share experiences, lessons, materials, data, and strategy with other NICUs that care for surgical patients
- Learn about evidence-based best practices for improving growth and nutrition in the NICU
- Join a CPQCC collaborative at a reduced cost of $6,800 per site
- Launch: July 2021
- Active Phase: July 2021 - June 2022
- Sustainability Phase: July 2022 - June 2023
For more information on the collaborative structure and timeline, download the collaborative FAQs document.
- The opportunity to benchmark, track and compare data between your site and other participating sites using a new web-based quality improvement platform
- Guidance on both quality improvement and the clinical area of focus from a multidisciplinary faculty panel from across the state
- Access to CPQCC's new QI Fundamentals online education course. This course is only available to CPQCC members participating in a QI collaborative.
- Credit for participating Neonatologists toward the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 4 Program