The NICUs Enabling Optimal Brain Health (NEOBrain) Collaborative aims to promote neuroprotective care for VLBW infants < 32 weeks gestational age.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, CPQCC is still assessing whether the NEOBrain will launch as a virtual collaborative or a traditional in-person collaborative and will pivot as needed.
Why your NICU should join
This collaborative will be a unique opportunity for your NICU to focus on high impact areas of neuroprotection which may include:
- Family-focused involvement in care from NICU admission
- Decreasing noxious stimulation by manipulating the environment to be neuroprotective
- Decreasing unnecessary interventions, such as pokes, blood tests, and other assessments that do not impact medical decision making
- Involving parents in the neuroprotection of their preterm infants
- Access to evidence-based change packages
- The opportunity to benchmark, track and compare data between your site and other participating sites using a new web-based quality improvement platform
- A “community of learning” where lessons learned, materials, data, and strategies are shared across sites
- Guidance in both quality improvement and the clinical area of focus from a multidisciplinary faculty panel from across the state
- CME credits for learning session participation and credit for participating Neonatologists toward the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 4 Program
Registration for NEOBrain is being offered at $8,500/site. The registration period will open in January 2022. Exact dates will be announced as they become available.
To learn more, contact Courtney Breault at email@example.com.