CPQCC has created a cardiac referral process within the HRIF Reporting System to enable Cardiac Intensive Care Units (CICU) to more easily refer infants with Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) to an HRIF Clinic for follow-up care. All infants with CHD who were admitted directly to a CICU within the neonatal period for surgery or for a minimally invasive therapeutic intervention are eligible for HRIF care.
If your CICU team is interested in utilizing the cardiac referral process, please submit a Help Desk ticket.
Key features include:
- An electronic data submission (EDS) option that allows records to be submitted automatically by uploading a comma-separated values (.csv) file, saving CICUs time and effort
- Summary reports which include:
- The demographics of the patient population and their primary caregivers: education, employment, living arrangement, and key concern
- The different medical or special services patients are receiving or being referred to or the reasons they are not receiving these service
- Patient outcomes from neurosensory, neurological and developmental assessments