Introduction to the Mother & Baby Substance Exposure Toolkit
- Understand best practice for universal verbal screening versus toxicology testing
- Identify the types of Medication Assisted Treatment and understand why it is the standard of care for OUD in pregnancy
- Describe best practices for nonpharmacologic treatment for newborns with NAS
- Understand the importance of preserving the mother/baby dyad for women with OUD and supporting practices
- Identify how hospitals can support the safe discharge of mothers with OUD and their newborns
CPQCC and CMQCC are jointly implementing the Mother & Baby Substance Exposure Initiative in collaboration with Health Management Associates (HMA). The Mother & Baby Substance Exposure Initiative is funded by the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) as part of a Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) State Opioid Response grant.